the candler blog

People Aren't Streaming As Much As You Think, Supposedly

Link, Movies, technology

Michelle Clancy for Rapid TV News:

The “Living Rooms” report reveals that although Internet-connected devices in the living room have proliferated to over half of U.S. consumers, they remain underutilised for TV and movie entertainment. For example, according to Interpret’s New Media Measure syndicated study, only 22% of those who own a gaming console connected to the Internet have used it to stream a movie or TV show, and among owners of set-top boxes such as Apple TV or Roku, that number is even lower (18%).

Wait a second, only 18% of AppleTV and Roku owners actually use them for streaming? What are the other 82% doing with them? Something’s missing.

(via toh!)

Comments